1 Of 2 Men Accused With Selling Cocaine After Swat Raid In New Kensington Has Been Ordered To Stand Trial

Wagswoofs –  A New Kensington man, who was one of two individuals charged with cocaine trafficking following a SWAT team raid on their residence last month, has been ordered to face trial.

Andrew Michael “Sly” Slywczuk, 39, who resides in the 400 block of Charles Avenue, has been charged by the police. He faces two felony charges of possessing drugs with the intention to distribute and conspiring to sell drugs. Additionally, he has been charged with seven counts of drug possession.

During a preliminary hearing on December 7, District Judge Frank J. Pallone Jr. dismissed the felony conspiracy charge against Slywczuk. However, he ordered Slywczuk to be held for court on the remaining charges.

In Westmoreland County, he was held at the county jail on a $50,000 cash bond, awaiting formal arraignment on January 17th in Westmoreland County Court.

Christopher James “Cheese” McClinton, 28, was charged by the police with three felony counts of possession of drugs with the intent to deliver and conspiracy, as well as three counts of drug possession. McClinton, who claimed to have been residing at Slywczuk’s residence for a few weeks, now faces these serious charges.

McClinton, a former resident of East Eighth Avenue in Tarentum, has been released from custody on a $20,000 unsecured bond. A preliminary hearing before Pallone has been set for February 8th.

Detectives from the New Kensington Police Department and the Westmoreland County District Attorney’s Office, along with members of the county’s SWAT team, executed a search warrant and conducted a raid at the house at approximately 8:30 a.m. on November 14th. This information was mentioned in a criminal complaint.

During their search, law enforcement discovered illicit substances in various locations within the premises. A significant quantity of crack cocaine, weighing approximately one ounce, was located concealed within a baggie inside a sewer drain located in the basement. Additionally, another ounce of powdered cocaine was discovered inconspicuously stored inside a salt shaker within the kitchen area. This information was detailed in the complaint.

During their search, the police discovered drug-related items, including a scale with drug residue, glass pipes for smoking crack, THC vape cartridges, and various types of drug paraphernalia.

During the raid, law enforcement officials seized two guns, one of which had been reported stolen in Butler County.

Slywczuk is currently awaiting trial in Westmoreland County Court for a total of six drug charges. These charges, which consist of three felonies and three misdemeanors, were filed against him by the New Kensington police in August 2022.

In July 2022, Lower Burrell police filed charges against him for two DUI offenses and two counts of drug possession. He is currently awaiting trial for these charges.

According to court records, Slywczuk is set to face trial for two drug possession charges that were filed against him by Vandergrift police in August 2022.

Slywczuk was convicted in Westmoreland County in 2013 for a felony drug offense and two counts of DUI charges brought by Penn Township police. As a result, he was given a prison sentence of six months to a year.

In 2016, he also admitted to a drug charge in Butler County.

In 2008, Slywczuk admitted his guilt to a misdemeanor charge for carrying a firearm without a license, as filed by White Oak police.

According to court records, McClinton is currently awaiting trial in Westmoreland County for four felony gun and drug charges. These charges were filed in August 2022 by the New Kensington police. The trial is set to begin on February 5th, as indicated by the court records of Judge Scott O. Mears.

In 2018, McClinton admitted guilt in Westmoreland County for two felony drug charges brought by the county Sheriff’s Office. Court records indicate that he received a sentence of two to four years in jail.

In 2017, McClinton faced a serious drug possession charge brought by the state police in Greensburg. He ultimately admitted his guilt and received a sentence of two to four years in jail.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *