Assault And Robbery Of A Woman During Morning Commute In Manhattan Subway

Wagswoofs – Calls for increased security on the subway are being renewed after a 43-year-old resident of Queens became the latest victim of subway crime.

Once again, the safety of New York City’s subway system is in question following a disturbing incident that occurred during the Thursday morning rush hour. A 43-year-old woman from Woodside, Queens, was violently assaulted and robbed while on her way to work at an Upper East Side hospital inside a Manhattan subway station.

The victim, who preferred to keep her identity hidden, reported that the attack took place at around 7:30 a.m. while she was waiting for an uptown Q train at the East 63rd Street and Lexington Avenue station. There were only a few people on the platform, as another train had just left.

She recounted the incident, recalling how she saw a woman walking towards her. At first, she thought nothing of it, assuming the stranger was just passing by. But as the woman neared her, she lifted her arm as if to strike. Despite her efforts to avoid the attack, the victim was ultimately hit in the face.

After the assault, the perpetrator picked up the victim’s phone from the ground. The victim rushed upstairs to seek assistance from on-duty MTA workers. Although she declined medical care for the injuries she sustained on her head, she did confess to experiencing psychological distress following the robbery.

After the traumatic incident, the victim expressed her intention to avoid the station for her daily commute. Despite it being a part of her regular route, she plans to take an alternative path. She shared, “I think I might take an alternative route. It may take longer, but I probably will not go to that station again.”

After the incident, she has been feeling stressed and has to be vigilant about her surroundings whenever she takes the subway. Even though her attacker looked like an ordinary commuter, the victim is now cautious of possible dangers.

After the incident, she showed her appreciation towards the MTA workers who came to her aid and emphasized the need for more police officers in subway stations. “I am so grateful to them. Without their help, I don’t know what would have happened to me. I wouldn’t have known where to turn,” she expressed.

The suspect, thought to be in her 50s, is still on the loose as of Thursday evening. The victim, who was attacked, expressed worry about the possibility of future victims and stated, “We’re unsure of what may happen next… This individual may potentially commit an even worse crime.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *