Former Jets Player Muhammad Wilkerson Arrested For DWI With Loaded Gun With Hollow Points In North Jersey Stop

Wagswoofs –   Wilkerson explained to the police that he had just left a club in New York City when he was pulled over in an undisclosed Morris County town around 6:30 a.m. on December 22nd.

According to court documents filed in Superior Court in Morristown, the retired defensive end was arrested by the police after failing a field sobriety test. The documents state that he was strongly smelling of alcohol at the time of the arrest.

According to TMZ, Wilkerson, a 34-year-old Linden native, allegedly stated that he had obtained the FN 509 tactical handgun legally in Florida. However, he was unable to provide any documentation for it.

The website states that the gun was also found to be loaded with 11 hollow-point bullets, which is considered illegal in New Jersey.

According to the police, Wilkerson was found to have an open bottle of tequila in the car.

In June 2019, the former fan favorite faced an arrest for DWI in Washington Heights. Reports indicated that he blew a stop sign while driving his Rolls Royce.

In March 2020, New Jersey State Police on Route 80 in Paterson caught him driving under the influence (DWI) once again.

At over 300 pounds, Wilkerson, standing at 6-foot-4-inch, was drafted by the Jets in the first round in 2011 and spent the majority of his eight-year career with them.

Despite earning a Pro Bowl nod in 2015 and being recognized as a second-team All-Pro in both 2013 and 2015, he failed to fully meet the high expectations set for him.

After suffering a right leg injury in the Jets’ final game of the 2015 regular season, he made a triumphant return the following year when the team rewarded him with a lucrative five-year contract worth a staggering $86 million.

Wilkerson faced consequences within the organization for various issues, including lateness. As a result, he was benched for a quarter of the games in his last two seasons with the Jets and was eventually released after the 2017 season.

Wilkerson joined the Green Bay Packers, but unfortunately, his season and career were abruptly cut short due to an ankle injury after playing in just three games.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *