Maine federal gun arrest convict charged with wild caught-on-camera slay at East Harlem alcohol store

According to police, a convicted individual serving a sentence in a federal prison in Maine for a gun-related offense has recently been accused of murder in connection with a shooting incident that occurred at an East Harlem liquor store and was captured on camera last year.

On Tuesday, Camby Wilson was extradited to New York City and charged with murder and gun possession. The charges stem from his alleged involvement in the killing of 25-year-old Shaquell Gainey on the night of February 25, 2022.

According to federal officials, Wilson, who is 24 years old, was found guilty of federal firearm charges in Bangor, Maine. As a result, he received a 24-month prison sentence in May.

According to authorities, while exiting I.C. Liquors Inc. located on First Avenue near E. 115th Street, Gainey was targeted by a gunman dressed entirely in black who proceeded to shoot at him.

After entering the store, Gainey was pursued by the gunman, but the latter quickly ran back outside.

According to the video footage, Gainey emerged from the store just a minute and a half after the incident, with his yellow hoodie stained with blood indicating the location of his gunshot wound. He discarded his jacket on the ground and stumbled into the adjacent deli, where he collapsed in front of the glass entrance.

Gainey took a sip from a jug of water he had found and continued to do so for about 90 seconds. Despite one of the customers retrieving his jacket, no one attempted to provide him with any medical assistance.

In the video footage, an individual can be seen walking over Gainey while carrying a small child. Despite being immediately taken to Harlem Hospital, Gainey tragically did not survive.

As he was only a block away from his home in the Jefferson Houses, Gainey fell victim to a shooting.

Gainey was targeted by a group of four men, one of whom acted as the shooter. The assailant initially walked past Gainey but then turned around and fired at him.

On Wednesday, the police disclosed that the shooting had a gang connection, although they did not have any additional information regarding the matter.

According to records, Wilson was released on parole in April 2021, having completed over a year in state prison for a weapon conviction in Manhattan.

Just weeks after reportedly shooting Gainey, Wilson found himself in a car that was stopped by police in Augusta, Maine. He was a passenger in the vehicle at the time.

As the police officers instructed Wilson to exit the car, he provided them with a fake name. Upon being questioned about whether he had any weapons on him, he fled the scene. However, the officers were able to apprehend him after a short pursuit on foot.

Federal officials have reported that a loaded .380 caliber pistol was discovered in his jacket pocket by officers. It has been revealed that his conviction for weapon possession in New York prevented him from carrying a firearm.

According to federal officials, Wilson was discovered by NYPD detectives at a federal prison in Maine, where he was serving a two-year sentence for his firearms-related arrest in Bangor.

According to the police, Gainey had been arrested multiple times for offenses such as robbery and possession of weapons.

More News:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *