reports, this Alabama city is one of the worst in the nation for women

Alabama – According to a recent study, Mobile has been ranked as one of the 10 worst cities in the U.S. The ranking was based on several factors such as job earnings, job security, women living in poverty, healthcare, life expectancy, number of obese women, and prevalence of rape victimization. This research sheds light on the challenges faced by residents of Mobile and highlights the need for improvement in various aspects of daily life.

Alabama’s three other major cities didn’t perform any better.

According to a recent study by WalletHub, the research team analyzed data from 182 cities in the United States, including the two largest cities in each state, as well as the 150 most populous cities in the country. The research was divided into two major categories: Women’s Economic & Social Well-Being and Women’s Health Care & Safety.

According to the compiled data, Mobile was ranked 174th out of 182 cities, placing it in the bottom 10. The city received a score of 37.29, resulting in its poor ranking compared to the top 56 cities that scored 60 or more.

In the Women’s Economic & Social Well-Being category, Mobile was positioned at 168th place. Additionally, the city was ranked at 159th place for Women’s Health Care & Safety.

According to the study, Mobile ranked higher than two cities from Mississippi, Gulfport and Jackson, both of which were at the bottom of the list.

Huntsville, Montgomery, and Birmingham, which are cities in Alabama, were ranked lower in the list along with Mobile.

The research analyzed 15 different metrics, and each of these metrics was evaluated on a scale of 100 points. A score of 100 indicates the most advantageous conditions for women. To determine the overall score for each city, the weighted average of each metric was calculated.

The final grade was calculated based on two factors – Women’s Economic & Social Well-Being and Women’s Health & Safety. The former held a weightage of 60%, while the latter accounted for the remaining 40%.

The study collected its data from a variety of reputable sources, including the U.S. Census Bureau, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Council for Community and Economic Research, American Express OPEN, Guttmacher Institute, U.S. News & World Report, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, United States Mortality Database, and Federal Bureau of Investigation.

With a total score of 73.96, Columbia, Md. emerged as the top-ranking city. It was followed by South Burlington, Vt. and Irvine, Calif.

Read More: Did You Know One of the Deadliest Ticks is sneak in Alabama?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *