Swat Team Apprehended Fugitive After Standoff That Resulted In Evacuations And A Shelter In Place Directive

Wagswoofs – The Idaho Falls police SWAT team apprehended a wanted individual on K Street’s 500 block just a day before Christmas. This operation led to evacuations and a shelter-in-place order for residents in the vicinity. The police press release provided details of the incident.

Robert Flores, a resident of Idaho Falls, who is 45 years old, had two felony counts of battery on a healthcare worker and one count of burglary against him. These charges originated from an incident that occurred on December 15. Additionally, Flores was charged with another felony count of domestic battery and a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest.

If Flores is found guilty, he could face up to 26 years in prison, along with potential fines of $150,000 and restitution.

The police were convinced that Flores remained inside the residence, prompting them to summon the department’s SWAT team, Unmanned Aerial Systems Team, and crisis negotiators.

The police took immediate action by evacuating the neighboring apartments within the building. They also issued an Alertsense message to notify nearby residents to stay indoors and remain in a safe location.

Police repeatedly called on Flores to leave the residence through the use of loudspeakers, as stated in the press release. Despite these instructions, Flores refused to comply, prompting law enforcement officers to resort to the utilization of flashbangs and tear gas within the premises.

Afterwards, Flores emerged from the residence and was apprehended by the police. Subsequently, he was transferred to Bonneville County Jail in Idaho Falls for processing.

According to the police, the trio was led into the facility by a witness who mistook them for the woman’s family. Once inside, they started shouting at her. The witness intervened and asked the trio to leave. However, instead of leaving, they began to move closer to the woman as she tried to retreat down the hallway.

As the witness attempted to shield the women, the group proceeded to move away.

Upon reaching the center, the officers discovered that Flores and the other women had already departed.

The woman informed the police that Flores made a threatening remark about going to her home and causing harm to her son, who resides with her. The police conducted a check at the residence but did not find Flores present.

Flores has been issued a warrant for two felony counts and a burglary charge, as he entered the building with the intent to commit a felony.

Flores has a court appearance scheduled for Jan. 3 at 1 p.m. before Magistrate Judge Andrew Robert Woolf.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *