Two Individuals Caught After Crashing Stolen Porsche On Route 1

Wagswoofs – A stolen vehicle crashed during a police pursuit on Sunday morning, leading to the arrest of a 22-year-old and a teenager, according to Linden Police Capt. Christopher Guenther.

Marc Pierre, a 22-year-old resident of Maplewood, has been charged with several offenses including second-degree possession of a stolen motor vehicle, second-degree eluding, third-degree trespassing, and fourth-degree resisting arrest. After his arrest, Pierre was transported to the Essex County Jail where he awaits his scheduled appearance in Superior Court, according to Guenther.

A 17-year-old male juvenile from Newark, who was in the stolen vehicle as a passenger, was also apprehended. Juvenile complaints were filed against him for second-degree possession of a stolen motor vehicle, third-degree trespassing, and fourth-degree resisting arrest. The juvenile has been released to his guardian until his scheduled appearance in Family Court.

Police received numerous calls reporting a red Porsche driving recklessly at the Aviation Plaza parking lot at 6:51 a.m., prompting officers to respond swiftly. The vehicle, reported stolen from New York, was found by the officers. However, when they tried to approach the car, it quickly fled the parking lot at a high speed, as stated by Guenther.

The officers pursued the vehicle, but they called off the chase in the vicinity of West 15th Street.

Ten residents were forced to evacuate their homes after a fire broke out in a multifamily house in Linden. The incident left the residents displaced and in need of immediate assistance. The cause of the fire is still under investigation, and authorities are working to determine the extent of the damage. It is a devastating incident that highlights the importance of fire safety and preparedness in our communities.

Guenther reported that the vehicle was found once again at the intersection of South Wood Avenue and Route 1, just a few minutes later.

According to Guenther, the officers made another attempt to stop the vehicle, which led to the initiation of a second pursuit.

According to Guenther, the stolen vehicle escaped by heading northbound on Route 1. However, it ended up colliding with another vehicle at the intersection with Morses Mill Road. The impact caused the driver to lose control, resulting in the vehicle becoming disabled after hitting the center median. Taking advantage of the situation, Pierre and the juvenile fled from the vehicle and managed to climb over a fence into the Phillips 66 Refinery. Despite this, the officers continued their pursuit and successfully apprehended both Pierre and the teenager shortly afterward. The driver of the struck vehicle received an evaluation at the accident scene but declined any further medical treatment, as confirmed by Guenther.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *